Directeur Commercial Vineview Franceoctobre 9, 2018
Offre CDD ingénieur (e) en analyse d’images multispectralesoctobre 9, 2018
Manaaki Whenua-Landcare Research (MWLR) is one of seven Crown Research Institutes in New Zealand. We undertake research that focuses on preserving New Zealand’s rich biodiversity, improving biosecurity, and protecting the health of the land, fresh water and soil resources we need for a prosperous future. We recognise the importance of partnerships, the special role of Māori, and the need to ensure that all New Zealanders have the knowledge, understanding, and tools to truly live in harmony with our precious environment. We are recognised nationally and internationally for the quality of our research and consultancy. We work with a wide range of organisations within New Zealand and globally.
To be successful in the proposed position you will have:
- A postgraduate degree in GIS or spatial analysis with relevant research or industry experience
- Evidence of being able to understand end users’ analytical requirements and execute them using best practice
- Great skills in GIS with strong analytical abilities including skills in mathematics and/or statistics, and strong geospatial scripting/programming abilities
- Practiced skills in applying relevant statistical and/or geostatistical analytical and modelling techniques and good knowledge of how to use these at different scales
- Awareness of national scale and integrated modelling issues
- Significant knowledge of spatial data concepts with a strong interest in applying data science and data-driven methods to cross-domain environmental issues
- Specific domain knowledge in one or more of the following domains: ecosystem services, erosion processes, soils and nutrient management, land use, landscape analysis, climate change
- Experience or a strong interest in working in a collaborative and supportive work environment where you work in teams to get things done.
- We offer the opportunity to be an integral part of a team environment with a chance to work on a variety of research questions and consultancy tasks.
As an employee of Manaaki Whenua Landcare Research, you will work with passionate and talented people in a caring and family-friendly environment, and enjoy good staff benefits.
Informations complémentaires sur le poste et pour candidater : position_offer_NZ