The International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, known by its Spanish acronym, CIMMYT®, is a non-profit organization that specializes in agriculture research for development with partners in over 100 countries. Please refer to our website for more information: www.cimmyt.org<http://www.cimmyt.org>
CIMMYT is looking for an outstanding, self-motivated, and result-oriented professional to work on Digital Agriculture Specialist- Farmer Decision Support, to work in the Southern African region.
The position will be based in Lusaka Zambia or the Southern Africa Regional Office.
• Scoping the digital agriculture/e-extension ecosystem within defined contexts and making recommendations for strategic partnerships in content dissemination and service provision.
• Develop content targeted for smallholder farmers and extension agents using digital tools.
• Designing digital agriculture products and services targeting smallholder farmers and extension.
• Engaging government and development partners for scale-up pathways for high-potential digital innovations.
• Facilitating human-centric design activities focused on digital farmer services with key stakeholders.
• Establishing partnerships with digital agriculture platforms or solution proprietors for content hosting and services promotion.
• Conducting farmer needs assessment and designing effective response mechanisms.
• Supporting partners in developing sustainable business models that ensure that information and services availed to farmers remain available to post the project implementation.
Candidates must apply online<https://apply.workable.com/cimmyt-1/j/C80507B168/> for IRS23117_Digital Agriculture Specialist.
For internal applications, please follow this link<https://referrals.workable.com/cimmyt-1/jobs/>.
For easy reference on how to apply please review the internal application guide<https://cimmyt.sharepoint.com/sites/inside/HumanResources/Documents/Forms/AllItems.aspx?id=%2Fsites%2Finside%2FHumanResources%2FDocuments%2FWorkable%20roll%20out%20content%2FInternal%20Application%20%2D%20Workable%20%281%29%2Epdf&parent=%2Fsites%2Finside%2FHumanResources%2FDocuments%2FWorkable%20roll%20out%20content&p=true&ga=1>.
Screening and follow-up of applications will begin on Friday, June 9th, 2023. Applications must include a CV and a cover letter. Incomplete applications will not be taken into consideration. For further information on the selection process, please contact Yessica Castillo, at firstname.lastname@example.org@cgiar.org>